You’ll notice this ‘Plastic Neutral’ logo beginning to appear in relation to some of our products. What it means is that wherever you see this symbol, you can be assured that no new plastic was generated at any point in its life cycle (providing, of course, you recycle it when it’s empty).
To ensure that the basis for this claim is clear and objective, the logo will only be applied to products that meet the following criteria, all of which will be backed by supporting evidence:
- The product packaging is 100% recyclable and widely recycled by consumers. (‘Widely recycled’ means packaging that is collected by 75% or more of local authorities across the UK.)
- The product packaging contains a high percentage of recycled plastic materials. (The maximum level of virgin plastic permitted will be 60%, but our intention is to reduce this over time.)
- The product itself is not made of plastic (the logo would not be appropriate for use on, for example, a plastic product, even if the product’s packaging is 100% recycled and recyclable.)
- Where the product packaging contains any virgin plastic at all, the total weight of virgin plastic is offset using a reputable and verifiable offsetting scheme. (Where a Plastic Neutral claim is based on offsetting, information about the claim and the offsetting scheme used will be prominently displayed - i.e. on the relevant Product Description Page.)
- While the Plastic Neutral claim relates to the full life cycle of a product, it will always be made clear to customers that the claim refers to the advertised product only, and not all Beauty Pie products). Claim do not necessarily relate to the production of products, which may for example include plastic machinery or containers as part of the supply chain.